Re: Google Restoring from Backup?

> ...Sorry if this seems utterly irrelevant, but it explains a thing or two. I
> have been noticing old pages with out-of-date and incorrect content indexed.

This one's odd.

I've seen severe regression on three of my sites at very different
times.  I wonder if there's some low-priority process running deep
inside Google just making sure they don't lose something from ancient
history.

All of a sudden, on three separate occasions, I got a string of 404s
logged on the SItemap Console referring to pages that haven't existed
on the site for three years or so.  They all gradually expired and - at
the moment - I'm clean.