Re: 64 Bit Linux distro?

__/ [ AZ Nomad ] on Monday 26 June 2006 16:24 \__

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:03:49 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ mlw ] on Monday 26 June 2006 12:56 \__
>
>>> What is a good solid 64 Bit Linux distribution? With good driver and
>>> application support?
>
>>As far as 64-bit builds are concerned, I have only seen Mandriva 2006 in
>>action. It was flawless on my friend's hardware, which could even be
>>Linux-hostile.
>
> gentoo also operates flawlessly on 64 bit hardware

[I might be misinterpreting the 'tone' here, but regardless:] I am sure it
does. I didn't mean to exclude anything, but I could only comment on what I
have tried rather than what I heard/read. I have a colleague who runs the
64-bit build of Debian, but I never used that machine. If there is one
64-bit build that I hear is problematic, it is Windows XP (and its close
relative Windows Vista, AKA SP3/Aero).

http://www.tech-recipes.com/microsoft_vista_tips1426.html

,----[ Quote ]