Re: Anyone Considering Hiring Roy Schestowitz. Check USENET First!

  • Subject: Re: Anyone Considering Hiring Roy Schestowitz. Check USENET First!
  • From: "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 26 Jun 2006 00:04:22 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

\
> > Ah flatfish.  Those that piggyback should not squeal.

> I'm still curious how we can say for sure that this is flatfish tho.

Even though there is a usenet identity called flatfish, flatfish has
also become a noun.

A flatfish is a scum-sucking fish with eyes in the top of it's head
which allow it to see predators while it sucks scum from the sea floor.
 It's also very well camaflauged which means that the only time it's
visible is when it moves from one scum pocket to another.

Wintrolls of the type described above tend to get their jollies by
posting slime and personal attacks, hoping to destroy the credibility
of those who communicate effectively.  In short, they feed on scum.

They do this while hiding behind anonymous e-mails, most of which
aren't even real, providing no information about their own credibility,
even when they claim to have expert knowledge of the inner workings of
Microsoft (or at least refute the postings of others who come up with a
plausible hypothesis).  Like flatfish, they remain extremely well
hidden, giving almost no indication of their true location.

Finally, they can only see one side of the issue, and look for tiny
nits and minutia, feelind that by attacking these little details, that
they are promoting their singular view that Microsoft is and should be
the only operating system ever to be used on anyone's desktop, or at
least SOLD with a desktop machine, ADVERTIZED with a desktop machine,
or RECCOMENDED for a desktop machine.  Same view for laptops.

Linux advocates argue that END USERS should be allowed to make an
INFORMED CHOICE between Windows, Linux, OR BOTH.  To "flatfish" (noun),
this view is intolerable.

To a "flatfish", users should ONLY be allowed to see WINDOWS, and
should never be allowed to see any offering that competes with
Microsoft.  Not in the corporate environment, not in the retail stores,
not in the media, and not even in a usenet newsgroup dedicated to the
discussion of the pros and cons of Linux relative to competitors like
Windows.