[News] Merrill Lynch: Microsoft Should Acquire Yahoo

I saw this in several places

Microsoft Should Buy Yahoo, Says Merrill Lynch

,----[  ]
| Microsoft should acquire Yahoo! in order to fend off Google and solidify
| the software giant's Internet presence, according to a Friday report by
| Merrill Lynch.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/06/23/microsoft-yahoo-0623markets04.html?partner=yahootix

I can't help thinking about the following recent story.

Yahoo rejects Microsoft search offer

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10811_3-6071556.html?part=rss&tag=6071556&subj=news