Re: Schestowitz the Kreskin

  • Subject: Re: Schestowitz the Kreskin
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:21:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Da'Punk-A ] on Friday 23 June 2006 16:22 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>> From under the turban of Roy Schestowitz, come these prognostications...
>>
>> http://www.schestowitz.com/roy/
>>
>> "Currencies
>>
>> The Dollar is too weak and I refuse to believe that it will sink to 1.30
>> against the Euro (as some analysts suggest). It should recover within
>> the next few months as the international community (hopefully) welcomes
>> a democratic government. Go democrats!"
>>
>> Yeah, we'll elect a Democrat in about...um...two thousand and never 2NVR).
>
> John B, I hope you're kidding.  Because if you /want/ a Republican
> government... oh man, I don't even want to say it.

In Bailo's defence, based on his previous political posts, he's a Dem. I
think that by "we", he actually meant "them". It's a rant.

> I really really wish I could just say "To hell with 'em.  They want to
> be ruled by retards and nazis, that's up to them.  No skin off my ass."
>
> But your actions, your votes, /do/ affect me.  I don't live in America,
> yet your government messes with /my/ life.  Yes, that is partially down
> to the fact the UK's ruled by idiots who love your idiots.  But even if
> my government had sense enough to steer clear of your lot, you'd still
> get in my face.  If we didn't do what your lot say, you'd threaten to
> bomb us, or the CIA would try to topple our democratically-elected
> government.

Let's see: data retention, Net neutrality, illegal monopolies find haven...
all of this comes from  government of technophiles.

> Christ's sake, people!  I know you'd like to own the whole world, but
> it isn't all yours!  Well, not yet anyway.

It is amazing to what extent technology is dependent upon politics, through
legistlation and nepotism.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
Cpu(s):  20.4% user,   3.7% system,  18.8% nice,  57.2% idle