Re: Bill Hilf ---- EXPOSED !!!

  • Subject: Re: Bill Hilf ---- EXPOSED !!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:48:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 23 June 2006 13:24 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>

>> Who is this Master Spy Bill Hilf, who walks both sides of the *line* ?!?!
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/tnradio/bio/billhilf.mspx
>>
>> "Prior to joining Microsoft, Bill led IBM's Linux/Open Source Software
>> technical strategy at a world-wide level for the Emerging and
>> Competitive markets organization, in addition to his direct customer
>> interaction as a senior enterprise architect. Bill has been involved
>> with Open Source Software (OSS) for over twelve years, and is an IEEE
>> Distinguished Visitor on the subject of OSS."
>
> Thats alright, taking Linux like thinking into MS, he might have a hard
> time of it in there, but with his IBM-Suse laptop in the boardroom, he's
> bound to get noticed :)
>
> If MS released a fully safe OS tomorrow, sat on a Linux-like kernel, full
> security, virus immune, stable. Then thats great, its all we really wanted
> them to do.
>
> There after it all just becomes a choice of which of the safe systems we
> want to use.

I refer you to:

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1

        It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux

<snip>

The next time Bill Gates sends an e-mail through Microsoft's shiny new
Wireless LAN it will be passed through a behind-the-scenes Linux-based
network appliance.

Pandey's (senior director of Microsoft IT) appraisal of Aruba's technology is
in stark contrast to Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places
Windows as a more secure, and higher-performing choice over Linux."

</snip>

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
  1:45pm  up 56 days 18:59,  12 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.48, 0.52