Re: Hovsepian: Linux is "Top Priority" at Novell

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 17:56 \__

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=akRcIOBnj1eg&refer=top_world_news

>   "Hovsepian said his ``top priority'' will be to speed up the company's
> switch to offering Linux open-source software. "

It's good to hear this explicitly from the new CEO. This was said explicitly
in the past (I can't find the link) and here are some related
announcements/press released:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/01/technology/business2_workingtech_0601/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

        Novell looks to Linux for a lifeline

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/jun2006/tc20060605_685972.htm

        Novell's Fight for Respect

They also sold away their Windows consultants. That's more Windows people who
are losing their value in industry, only to be replaced by *nix-savvy folks.