Re: Xbox Suffers from 17 Security Mistakes

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 17:05 \__

> Hope this doesn't appear twice... I posted it already but it didn't
> appear...

Not received on my end... maybe wrong newsgroup, which at least to me, is a
common blooper.

> Just wanted to say that I could get more excited about this Xbox news
> if I cared about games, although it is indeed a fascinating
> read...Clearly MS did a rush job on getting this thing out the door.
> Based on what I hear, this is common at MS.

Very. There is strong resistance to a further delayed release of Vista,
although extra time has been anticipated, being a necessity. Windows
developers are paid extra to squash bugs at home, during their (otherwise)
leisure time. I deem this incompetent and rushed.

> If MS discounts the hardware to sell games, maybe this would be a good
> way to make a supercomputer:  Buy a thousand Xboxes, load em up with
> Linux and link em together. Unhappy developers go away or become rakeless,,
impatient, and bitter.

Ask Jerry McBride. He had pondered the same thing before I posted the link to
the following:

http://www.k-ossystems.com/cgi-bin/kart/index.php?p=productsMore&iProduct=30

        * AMD Duron 2.8 GHz Processor with 800 MHz FSB
        * 180 Gigabyte Hard Drive
        * 256 Megabytes of RAM
        * K7MNF-64 nVidia nForce2 Socket A Motherboard
        * nVidia nForce2 chipset

    [...]

Just under US$150

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  5:05pm  up 55 days 22:19,  12 users,  load average: 1.58, 1.23, 0.91