Re: [News] Novell Appoints New CEO, Stock up 7.5%

__/ [ Rick ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 15:27 \__

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:54:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> A few days, I mentioned this was bound to happen...
>>
>> Novell Names Ron Hovsepian to Succeed Jack Messman as CEO
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Mr. Plaskett stated: "The Board concluded that a management change would
>> | be the best way to accelerate the execution of our growth strategy and
>> | build value for shareholders. Ron is the ideal choice to lead the
>> | company as we continue with our transition to Linux-based products and
>> | identity and resource management and leverage our unique support of
>> | mixed source environments..."
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060622/sfth044.html?.v=59
>
> I wonder if this guy will pay more attention to get Suse release right ...

They have some slight delays, but it should still be ready in July (the
enterprise edition, that is). SUSE has been getting nothing but good reviews
when its testing/intermediate build was compared to a beta of Windows Vista.

It's all down to public awareness and judgment now... it just needs to get
that initial momentum, which sparks up hype. C'mom, GNUoogle, give them a
hand here like you have done with Mozilla Firefox...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
  4:05pm  up 55 days 21:19,  12 users,  load average: 1.31, 1.26, 1.24