Re: Novell board ousts top management

  • Subject: Re: Novell board ousts top management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:49:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 15:29 \__

> Larry Qualig wrote:
>

>> Comments: Good. Messman was basically a self-serving thief. He bought
>> Celerant for $150 million dollars, poured a bunch of money into the
>> company, tripled its size, then he turns around and has Novell sell it
>> back to himself and his cronies for $50 million. It's good to see the
>> BoD throw his ass out the door.
>
> He also guided the company from one that was Netware based to one which is
> Linux based.

At 66, I believe he is prepared to retire. He is set to leave Novell in
October this year, so the departure is not abrupt. He gives way to a 'Linux
guy', having made a major corporate strategic change.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  3:45pm  up 55 days 20:59,  12 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.04, 1.13