Re: [Article] Billions of Bogus Pages Make Google Cough

  • Subject: Re: [Article] Billions of Bogus Pages Make Google Cough
  • From: davidof <david.george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:15:22 +0200
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
http://www.emailbattles.com/archive/battles/browsers_aaejgdfefe_df/

Worth a read,especially if you were badly affected (a la moi).

What is sad is that this should be very easy for Google to detect, heck they even published a patent covering this very area of link growth velocity and freshness of the domain name.

If a site runs Adsense Google doesn't seem to care very much though (although I'm sure Adsense clients do). I have reported a number of MFA spam sites to them and they never seem to get taken down. This guy only got hit because it was very mediatic.

Our very own Sam recently commented here that Google seemed to be just as sensitive to blog spamming as ever.