Re: [News] Apple Faces the Open Source Dilemma

The Ghost In The Machine :
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Handover Phist
><jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:59:45 GMT
><slrne9j5ji.44v.jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Roy Schestowitz :
>>> Apple & Open Source... Strange Buffaloes?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/EB25ECDF-0E5A-41DF-8C18-99A08767ABEE.html
>>
>> Firefox can't find the server at www.roughlydrafted.com.
>>

> I suspect a DNS abberation in your case; it's coming up
> for me fine.  In any event, Firefox is a great browser
> but it can't see what it thinks isn't there, and if one
> puts in a DNS name that's not there, well, what can it do?
> Conduct a seance? :-)
>
> Try, for instance,
>
> http://iamnothere.microsoft.com
>
> which is, erm, guaranteed to not be there.  :-)

That's the first thing I tested as I run a household DNS server.
Everything seemed to be working fine except that link. Didnt get
slashdotted or anything either as it was an instant reply, not a
timeout. Odd, but there you go.

--
Kiss your keyboard goodbye!

http://www.websterscafe.com