Re: Exec Who Led Linux Battle Leaves Microsoft

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 17:44 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Not that he's out of work, I guess he'll need to dig for some food rather
>> than FUD. I guess Live was a little too much for a Devil like him. *grin*
>
> The sad thing about him is that when I read a bio everything about his
> life seemed to scream 'Linux' -- so maybe he'll catch on in our world
> and set the *Facts* straight again...

This whole scenario is worrisome, to Microsoft. I wonder if his departure
implies that he has no belief in the future of Windows Live (this may
explain why they silence him and say nothing to the media). He probably
knows that his FUD work has no credibility either.

,----[ Quote ]
| Taylor, a 13-year company veteran who led Microsoft's "Get the Facts"
| anti-Linux crusade for several years, was named in March as a corporate
| vice president overseeing the marketing push for Windows Live services.
|
| Before he led the "Get the Facts" campaign, Taylor served as director
| of business strategy, working directly for Ballmer on various strategic
| projects and on long-term planning for the corporation. Prior to that,
| he spent more than two years as general manager of Microsoft's
| Caribbean unit.
`----

                http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6086044.html

According to something I read earlier (referring to the effect on Live):

,----[ Quote ]
| Either way, Taylor's departure will likely be disruptive. Microsoft will
| be losing the executive just as Windows Live starts a roll-out of 20 more
| products and a big marketing blitz this summer.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/06/21/microsoft-ballmer-taylor-cx_po_0621autofacescan02.html?partner=yahootix

This reminds me of the storyline in the film Fun with Dick & Jane (unless I
got the names wrong). You have this innocent guy whom you promise a
lucrative position. On the first day on the job it turns out that the job is
to be the puppet which lies to the public and absorbs all the hatred, much
like a scapegoat. I can only speculate Taylor was a victim of this kind, but
he has had enough. Dick, the man in the film (Jim Carrey's role), ends up
absolutely broke.

best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
  6:45pm  up 54 days 23:59,  12 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.08, 1.03