Re: Would preceding a h1 header text with a forward slash affect SEO?

__/ [ xyZed ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 16:51 \__

> There is circumstantial evidence that on Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:59:34
> +0000,  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>

>>?   I would say that you assessment is correct. The slash will not be
>>indexed. It
>>?   will be virtually (if not practically) skipped, but I wonder why you
>>should
>>?   ever begin a page (any page) with a slash. Unless, of course, it's a
>>?   simplistic example of something more complex or a hypothetical
>>question...
>
> Thanks. I'm redesigning my site and want the page title header to
> remind or imply that it is a subsection of the page it came from.
> Rather like a continuation of the breadcrumb trail. I hope it makes
> sense.
>
> http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/washing-machine-repairs.html

Slashes are unorthodox in this context. I suggest Try something like the
following:

<title>Washerhelp &rsaquo; Washing Machine Repair &laquo; Articles</title>

This seem to be the SEO-driven technique, which is embraced by some. Choose
the order of the headings sensibly and very, very carefully. It can make a
significant difference when it comes to your rankings. Usually, the better
the rank, the more helpful the bradcrumb (to the visitor).

Hope it helps and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
  4:55pm  up  12:33,  5 users,  load average: 1.55, 1.65, 1.51