Re: Blog Website - Where to Link?

  • Subject: Re: Blog Website - Where to Link?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 05:49:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ canadafred ] on Friday 03 March 2006 03:29 \__

> "Star Gazer" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am setting up a blog and I was wondering -  where do you add the link to
>> your blog? Should you add it to the menu or footer of your site (so it is
>> linked off of every page) or should it be on just one page? Any advice
>> would
>> be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Will
>
> I don't know if there is standard way of doing this. Just put it wherever
> you want to put it. If you want people to see it, then make it stand out.
> If you want the SE to see it more than the visitor, then make it less
> standing out ( I didn't say hide it ). There's no set rules for anything
> like this that I know of.
>
> Of course, I'm not a big fan of design standards either. We are told to
> "think out of the box" right? If you want to generate links to your Blog
> then put a link on every page of the web site. If you want people to go
> there from your Entrance page, then put a link there. Header's good,
> footer's good too.
>
> Maybe go talk to the dudes and dudettes in alt.html.critique , they might
> have a take on this.

The /header/ has become somewhat of a convention. Any time the header is not
a link, it is considered adverse to user's expections and gets criticised.
Make sure that the site's logo or identity always links to its front page or
index, or else navigation is not rhetoric.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
  5:45am  up 2 days  1:23,  10 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.55, 0.60