Re: No Windows, no Business

__/ [ Linønut ] on Friday 03 March 2006 23:08 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Grug belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Via Digg: 'Microsoft is practicing the "do it our way or you don't
>>> matter" business model by forcing any company who wants to offer Windows
>>> to its customers to do so exclusively. No Linux, No BSD.'
>>>
>>> http://blog.xugle.com/index.php/2006/03/02/our-way-or-you-wont-matter/
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> I read this... I doubt the Gateway helpdesk person even knows what an
>> OEM contract is...
>>
>> MS doesn't have any contracts like that anymore (if they ever had them
>> in the first place)...  cmon people, MS ain't stupid.  They are being
>> watched with more scrutiny than a robed, bearded muslim youth gang
>> criminal member boarding a plane.
>
> No, they're not.  Ask Bush about it.

Bush continues to harbour Microsoft, just as he always have.

"Mr. Bush, reiterating a theme of his trip, strongly defended the outsourcing
of American jobs to India as the reality of a global economy, and said that
the United States should instead focus on India as a vital new market for
American goods ... 'The classic opportunity for our American farmers and
entrepreneurs and small businesses to understand is there is a 300
million-person market of middle class citizens here in India, and that if we
can make a product they want, that it becomes viable,'"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/03/international/asia/03cnd-prexy.html?hp&ex=1141448400&en=14258ae1db1ff295&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Off-topic, but worth bringing up nonetheless. It was published last night.