Re: Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)

  • Subject: Re: Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 04:59:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
__/ [ Fabio Bernardino ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 00:28 \__

> My computer had a problem and when windows (XP Pro SP2) started the
> D:\ drive was not available. This is where is installed my Palm data
> (users data). The palm desktop (4.1.4) is installed in the c:\ at the
> default location.
>
> Problem is i had to reinstall Palm Desktop and now i'm not able to
> make it recognize D:\palm as the place where my data is.
>
> Any help ?
> Thank you.
> --
> Fabio Pereira Bernardino
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
> -- Remove SPAM before replying

Have you considered moving the data from drive D onto a place which is
reachable to Palm Desktop (typically under the "Palm Desktop" level of the
tree, under progra~1)? Also consider overwriting Palm Desktop's default path
for data with the old chunks of accumulated data. Before going any further,
it is important that you backup (and duplicate) these files which resides on
drive D.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:55am  up 6 days  0:33,  9 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.54, 0.75