Re: IP Shopping Spree

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 12:56 \__

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/11/AR2005081102048.html
>>> http://tinyurl.com/9oryl
>>
>>    Apple plans to appeal the decision to ensure it won't be forced to pay
>>    royalties to Microsoft on every iPod sale.
>>
>> I'd hate to be the ones near Jobs:  "This is sh8t!  Total f8ckin'
>> sh8t!"
>
> I'd hate to think what might eventually replace the patent office. This
> one's busted so bad it's unsalvagable. But governments have a habit of
> making things worse when they find out how badly they're already
> screwed.

Microsoft attempted to patent virtual desktops too. The list os such scandals
is endless, but for all I can recall, much innovation from POSIX-affiliated
people was never patented, so Microsoft attempted to rob original inventors
from their intellect. It is hard to believe that abstract ideas, as in the
context of /algorithms/, can actually become a property. It is said to be
/owned/ by someone. The only thing to own are Windows zombies, or so I once
thought.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:15pm  up 6 days  9:53,  10 users,  load average: 1.83, 1.06, 0.74