Re: IBM will not use Windows Vista

__/ [ Richard G. Riley ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 16:18 \__

>  "Roy"posted the following on 2006-03-07:
>
>> IBM will not use Windows Vista - but will move to Linux desktops
>>
>>         http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5436/
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>>| "IBM switching to Linux destops in Germany according to a Linux Forum
>>| 2006 presentation by their head of open source and Linux sales in
>>| Germany".
>> `----
>>
>> Semi-related:
>>
>> SGI Receives SAP Certification for Altix Line of Open-Source Linux Servers
>>
>>         http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060307/sftu040.html?.v=46
>
> Does anyone have any stats on Linux use per world region? Germany has
> always been a bit "geeky" with regard to cpmputer systems and
> certainly has a very healthy Linux community. If you monitor any of
> the Linux development forums it seems that German programmers really
> are at the forefront of a lot of whats happening to improve Linux for
> the user.

The statistical sample used is quite small, but regardless:

http://counter.li.org/reports/citystat.php

The incentive to register may depend on location and word of mouth as well,
bear in mind. Looking at some top cities, you soon get a rough answer.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  5:25pm  up 6 days 13:03,  9 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.18, 0.08