Re: Processors

__/ [ CorporateGeorge ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 20:19 \__

> Chris Cox wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> It's a multiposter. You ought to have saved your time (sorry!). He is
>>> trying to start a flamewar in irrelevant newsgroups
>>
>> :)  Thanks.  Oh well.. must be unemployed.  At least I was brief.
>
> you get more processor for your money with AMD. you don't have to pay the
> Intel monopoly advertisement tax. (:
>
> been using AMD since '99 and have not looked back

Seen in the news a few hours ago: Intel's CEO reveals plan to slow down
growth of AMD at the expense of Intel (not precise wording). At least *that*
market is somewhat balanced; no more monopoly. But I suppose that IBM's new
chips (big headline on that one too) will make a difference. Then there's
Motorola and others. Apple defected.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
  5:00am  up 7 days  0:38,  9 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.95, 0.98