Re: [Article] Google 'planning total storage'

  • Subject: Re: [Article] Google 'planning total storage'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:44:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 05:45 \__

> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:23:29 GMT, Big Bill wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:44:17 -0600, Paul B <lamewolf2004@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>>The GDrive, previously the subject of chatroom rumour, would offer a
>>>mirror of users' hard drives, Reuters said.
>>
>> They went very quiet about this very quickly. We'll have to wait and
>> see. Given Google's record on privacy you wouldn't want to use it for
>> much except details of your pressed flower collection anyway.
>
> Really! That which I would want to store at another locale is exactly that
> which I wouldn't want anyone else to have access to.
>
>> BB (wondering just *where* he can store that expanding directory of
>> Stacey-Doll pix...)
>
> Hey you collect 'em too?!? Wanna trade?

You can use the latest of Google Desktop and search each other's hard-drives.
A local dump of your data (as well as detailed indices) may be stored on the
third party, which is Google.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:40am  up 7 days  2:18,  12 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.74, 0.62