Re: XGL -- Linux gets a 3D desktop

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 11:24 \__

> On 2006-03-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 08:30 \__

>>> Must be your shitty windows software
>>> Works well here
>>
>> He appears to be using slrn on Linux. Works fine over here as well.
>
> Headers are easily forged. The Kant-be-a-man Kid does it regularly. As
> does Flatso. And an assortment of trolls have come and gone that did it
> regularly, including one dope that likes to impersonate people.

Ask houghi who the much-plonked 'poppa' of the SuSE newsgroup (The English
one, not the German). We have had long discussions about his constant
forging of headers in slrn. He modifies the source and re-compiles.
Ultimately, I offered him some code that would auto-generate, draw headers
from a pool and compile overnight, but I don't think he took it. Nowadays,
he boasts headers like Microhard InPress (still very random), which ruins
the monthly statistics I generate for that newsgroups.

> There have been plenty of people that had slrn in their headers that I
> can almost guarantee never used linux in their lives. So one or two
> headers isn't sufficient proof of anything.

That's why I cautiously said "He _appears_ to be...". I am well aware of the
caveats.

> Getting slrn to work isn't that difficult if one's purpose is to
> pretend to be a linux user. All it takes is a linux install. It does
> _not_ require an avid linux user, an unpaid troll, an honest person, an
> intelligent person, or much more than just getting linux installed and
> going out to get slrn.
>
> It _does_ take a little more smarts than your average turnip (which is
> why tab, DooFu$, Bilge and others could never do it alone). But even
> that requirement can be overcome by judiciously employing help from
> google and/or the kid next door.

I am sure that has truth to it. Then again, "7" uses Linux, does he not?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?
 11:30am  up   4:07,  6 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.52, 0.59