Re: Australia Goes Linux

__/ [ Richard G. Riley ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 11:35 \__

>  "Roy"posted the following on 2006-03-08:
>
>> Word of warning: this article comes from the same site authored by some
>> guy who could not burn an ISO in Media Player, so ended up blaming Linux.
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/3563/49/
>
> Actually, he ended up blaming Linux users for not documenting
> fundamentals and ALSO MS for not being ISO friendly:
>
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/3375/106/
>
> Having recently been in the same boat (eg doing the cross over from
> Windows), I can empathise.

I am very familiar with what he said, but I tried to remain biased and
succinct. I can empathise to some extent, even though I haven't had a
similar experience. I never burn CD's.

The author estimated his skills at $50-100 (United States dollars?) per hour,
but when it came to installing Linux, he was too cheap to order a proper
pack, let alone he whined about 9 CD's that were improperly burned. How
expensive could that have been? I fell sorry for the miser.