Re: Microsoft's Live.com

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft's Live.com
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 06:54:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 17:44 \__

> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:53:07 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 04:37 \__

> <snip>
>
>>> As much as I'd hate to admit it. I think it sucks the way it looks and
>>> feels at the moment. 'and yet MS made it sound like the 'second coming'.
>
>> They will make Vista seem pretty much like the 'second coming' too:
>
> no doubt.
> Roy, I've never been an anti-google protagonist. I simply always wanted to
> give MSN their due chance. But yes, it's all bullshit.

If you truly believe that Windows is better than GNU/Linux, apply the same
judgement. It's all in people's mind and Microsoft re-enforce such thoughts,
along with their users that fear change.

>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/03/08/microsoft-lies/
>
> <quote>
> Microsoft says it expects more than 400 million PCs to be running Vista
> within 24 months of the launch. Block said the goal is to reach a rate
> within that time where more than half of the machines are running some
> premium version of the OS.
> </quote>
>
> uhuh, reminds me of XBox 360. Something which never met their claimed
> expected goals. 'least not within the time within which they stated.

Failed big time in Japan.

> Their balls continue to hang and sway with many claims, yet they never
> quite match the'....'well, they never quite hold steady.
>
> I hate MS for this. Huge balls indeed. 'but it's all a competition of
> wills. Aye?

Public opinion and perception count because they go from mouth to hear, as
well as absorbed from the media. But, hey, Michael Dell started selling
Linux and he was bold enough to say "it's none of their (Microsoft's)
business". IBM also halted their contract with Microsoft (in Germany) and
will move to Linux before Vista (*cough* XP SP3) hits the shelves.

> BTW, funny your choice of words. 'Protagonist' was the very word that came
> to mind before i'd even seen your post. 'well that and "Fear Mongering",
> Yes I Jest!
>
> PS, will this be on your RSS file(s)? I just checked and call me slow, I
> just don't get it yet. :-(

There is just one feed that corresponds to a newsgroups there. It's AISE, but
I rarely look at it from the feed reader. RSS readers are poor when it comes
to enabling participation.

> Shouldn't your post be showing up there right now? I do see the "Microsoft
> is taking Aim" thread.
> Please do educate me.
>
> 'and thanks again Roy! :-)

Don't know what for, but I'll take it. *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:45am  up  23:22,  8 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.33, 0.50