Re: taps4less.com

  • Subject: Re: taps4less.com
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:28:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
  • References: <1141838751.710639.51740@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <dun4la$2t7r$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <1141841502.659875.71790@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com> <dun79m$f5b$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <1141842820.379550.42300@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <dun9lv$klc$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <1141845539.043643.246310@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <duo6j9$4ok$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <1141887997.917855.302220@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>
__/ [ Logician ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 07:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Logician ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 19:18 \__

>> > How did you get £100k? That's sounds very high.

>> > The site is retail not business to business.

>> > They just fake the savings.
>>
>> Logician, the time you spend worrying about the competition could better
>> be spent improving your site. The same applies to statistics vanity and
>> excessive analysis. It can be distracting and discouraging, which is
>> unhelpful and counter-productive.
>
> How much retail have you done? My guess is not very much. Your comment
> about "competition" shows you have almost no knowledge at all about
> sales, branding, and retail. I feel sorry for anyone trusting your
> judgement.
>
> The world is full of people with "opinions" and very few of them are
> worth hearing. Sadly, a lot of people with "opinions" don't understand
> the worthlessness of their views.
>
> I have now discovered that a lot of sales are from ebay and nothing to
> do with taps4less.com, also the site has 17,000 entries at PPC sites
> and only 170 pages listed in google.com.
>
> My site gets good comments from people, and that is because the content
> aspect of it. It is very easy work to improve layout etc, and work
> normally done by inexperienced people.
>
> The technical aspects and supply aspects are far more advanced.
>
> I really wonder about SEO "experts."

That's a fair assessment. I have not done retail and your proved me wrong. I
stand corrected.

Best wishes,