Re: When Security Patches Go Wrong

__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 17:35 \__

> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:44:17 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6047762.html
>>
>> This is not the first time this happens.
>
> Of course this never happens with open source.
>
> http://news.com.com/2110-1001-274277.html

Published: October 11, 2001, 10:10 AM PDT

It took you 10 hours to reply. Were you using live.com again? Did it take
*that* long to find a suitable and rare reference that is 5 years old? I
guess that's just how long it takes Microsoft to crawl the Web to its
depths.

While on the subject of latency and pre-historic stories, I heard that
live.com has a nice image search facility, so I searched for 'funkenbusch'
and here is what I got.

funkenbusch
erik funkenbusch

http://krow.net/images/msdino.png

FUNKENBUSCH
Funkenbusch

The acnhor text buffering the above URL will bind your name with the photo in
the SE indices. *smile* Of course, it might take Microsoft a while to parse
this sequence, but not Google.