Re: Considering going away from Fedora core

__/ [ Ignoramus27983 ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 20:49 \__

> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:00:27 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> __/ [ Ignoramus27983 ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 18:00 \__
>>
>>> My main use of my linux box is software development, but I use it for
>>> everything else as well, such as entertainment, web browsing, email
>>> blah blah.
>>>
>>> I have been a fedora core user and before that, of RedHat, I used
>>> linux since 1995.
>>>
>>> Now I am considering going away from FC. I had just a little bit too
>>> many issues like broken packages, not so good USB support etc. Some
>>> are definitely the fault of fedora, and some are possibly just linux
>>> deficiencies in general.
>>>
>>> My question is, is there a distro that is more stable and better
>>> managed than Fedora, and that is oriented towards developers, people
>>> who run apache etc.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?

>> This could develop into yet another distro war. Use a tools to address
>> your requirements and make a suggestion:
>>
>> http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/
>
> thanks. It recommended Fedora and "Mandriva".

Tried Mandraiva 2006 not so long ago. Excellent distribution.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
 10:40am  up 2 days  3:17,  7 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.65, 0.46