Re: Zire 31?

__/ [ Christopher Range ] on Monday 13 March 2006 08:58 \__

> Robert M wrote:
>> In article <hB%Qf.1878$R36.674@xxxxxxxx>, chrisrange@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>>>My fiance has the Zire 31.  Is it possible, that, having it jammed in
>>>her purse, could have destroyed it, as to, it being able to come on at
>>>all?
>>>
>>>Christopher
>>>
>> What is it with ladies carying those cramed purses all around?
>
> DITTO!!!

Isn't the purpose and main advantage of an ultra-small PDA is that it is
readily accessible? As in, pull out of pocket, jot some notes, put back in
pocket? The PDA is why I gave up laptops. It's a simple argument concerning
pragmatism. [no offence intended] That's why that Origami is destined to
fail, unlike the Nokia 770, for instance.

>> This thing has a touchscreen, so if you plan to carry it around inside a
>> bag with other stuff, buy yourself a protecting case...
>
> Exactly!!!!  The one I bought her will not come on so, it is busted.  A
> new one costs $300.  I found today that, the Zire 31 is out of production.

There are some simple plastic covers that protect the screen admirably well.

>> simple logic, isn't it?
>
> YES

With kind regards,