Re: Opening pdf files in Firefox

__/ [ Derk ] on Monday 13 March 2006 18:34 \__

> Hello,
>
> I can't open any pdf files in Firefox. Could someone please tell me how I
> can get Firefox to open e.g. Adobe Reader when I click on a pdf file?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Derk

Edit -> Preferences... -> Downloads -> Add format to filetype with required
action, e.g. "Save to desk", "open with kghostview" (or the X equivalent).
The latter is recommended as, while unconventional and somewhat unnatural,
it is quicker than opening Adobe Acrobat Reader for the first time. It's
functionality at the cost of speed -- a proper tradeoff.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:40pm  up 5 days 11:17,  7 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.78, 0.61