Re: help locating a web site

  • Subject: Re: help locating a web site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:26:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Malware Magnet ] on Tuesday 14 March 2006 04:29 \__

> On 2006-03-14, hsiacc@xxxxxxxx <hsiacc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I did a google search earlier on Linux live CD booting from USB flash
>> drives (don't remember the exact phrase I used). I came across a web
>> site which had a good description of several possibilities. Now I can't
>> seem to find the web site again. The thing I remember from it is the
>> first one is Adios, with the Adios logo on the left side and a brief
>> description. It's not  a comprehensive list as some other web sites,
>> but each had a description and a logo on the left side. Some others
>> distros listed were flonix, knoppix, dsl. Does anyone know which site
>> I'm talking about? It may be an international site (I'm in the US).
>> Thanks.
>>

> Your description sounds a lot like DistroWatch's site:
> http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=cd
>
> Less so LWN.net (a bit old):
> http://lwn.net/Articles/68926/
>
> Good luck!
> :-)

Have a look at the following as well (in order of chronological precedence):

http://www.hddsaver.com/content/18/

         [ Booting from USB ]

http://www.althack.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=27

        [ How to Run Linux on a USB Drive ]

http://pendrivelinux.com/

Hope it helps and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
  7:20am  up 5 days 23:57,  7 users,  load average: 1.19, 1.30, 1.36