Re: Web Log Analysis

__/ [ robin9876@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 13 March 2006 11:28 \__

> Does anybody know of any preferably free Windows software for analysing
> unix format web server logs?

You can use Visitors:

http://www.freewarepub.org/freeware/Visitors_0.6.html

I typically stick with AWStats on the Linux server, but if I want to do
further analysis off-line, I grab the logs and run a command to generate
them (note that Visitors is also available for Windows).

visitors -A --max-lines 1500 logfile --output-file report.htm

Visitors is especially valuable if you want to analyse Google traffic. It
gives too much detail, in my opinion, rather than 'converting raw into
digestable summary'.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
  7:35am  up 6 days  0:12,  7 users,  load average: 1.34, 0.85, 0.97