Re: Install Office, be Hijacked

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:44 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Revealed late on Tuesday:
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/microsoft_security_dc
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft Corp.  on Tuesday warned of a "critical" security flaw
>> | in its Office application that could allow attackers to take control
>> | of a computer.
>> `----
>>
>> And they say it is more "reliable" than Linux...
>
> Well at least they are dealing with these now, instead of going through the
> three phases of
>
> deny it, hide it, pass blame to third party.

Yes, I later read that _six_ patches were applied to Office. Eindos had one
"important" vulnerability. The same chorus will accompany the release of
Vista, rest assured.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  9:00am  up 7 days  1:37,  7 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.41, 0.27