Re: British Survey Shows that Linux is Gaining Ground on Windows

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:05 \__

http://www.themanufacturer.com/britishindustry/content_page.html?article_id=559

> This article is interesting, but I think there should be a rule about
> saying things like "Gaining Ground" when it refers only to opinion and
> not actual numbers of installed systems (goes for both sides).

"Ground" does not have to be concrete in a loose context such as this. See
Larry's mind-provoking discussion on counting Linux users. I am more than
convinced that Linux is gaining in substaintial (quantitatively) ground; and
not only in the server room...