Re: Linux on the Origami Ultra-Mobile PC?

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Friday 17 March 2006 23:30 \__

> Ray Ingles wrote:
>
>> On 2006-03-17, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This didn't take long.
>>>
>>> http://www.umpcorigami.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4
>>>                 (Pictures in the article)
>>
>>  At least the bottom picture appears to be faked. Here's what appears to
>> be the original:
>>
>>  http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/24/microsofts-origami-project/
>>
>>  That being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first OS to boot
>> on the hardware was Linux. Since it scales so well and be so easily
>> tweaked, hardware manufacturers use it extensively for prototypes. But I
>> rather suspect this article is a prank.
>>

> Shame... I would have bought one.

I saw it in some reliable sites yesterday, so I have a good reason to suspect
it was not a prank. Needless to mention, the source I originally cited was
not prominent enough to be convincing.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Why would it be so hard to boot Linux on the Samsung Origami anyway? Why
would it not be believable? [rhetoric]

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E