Re: table2div-css

  • Subject: Re: table2div-css
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:01:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ Barbara de Zoete ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 11:55 \__

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:15:21 +0100, Xaradas <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:27:40 +0100, "Barbara de Zoete"
>> <trashbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> <URL:http://www.google.com/search?q=%22tableless+design%22>
>>> <URL:http://www.google.com/search?q=CSS+%22two+column+design%22+footer>
>>
>> Yes, but it's not exactly the same using table ...
>> the right navbar doesn't grow exactly as the maincontainer
>> and viceversa.
>>
>> Maybe it's impossible to obtain what I want with div and css?
>
> You think you're the first with this issue? Google this group and
> others[1] to find tons of information.
>
> [1]comp.infosystems.www.authoring.*, alt.html.* and alt.www.webmaster

Xaradas, if you seek to engage in less reading or learning, opt for more
practical examples to 'inherit' from (I prefer that strategy myself). Have a
look at:

http://www.csszengarden.com/ (as flawed as it may be)

I had a glimpse at your example page/code earlier this morning. This can
easily be achieve using CSS. You only need to embed constituent parts in the
page and specify the positioning of these parts (elements) using a
peripheral /style/, which defines layout. The key concept and motivation is
that of isolating content from layour.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 12:55pm  up 11 days  5:32,  11 users,  load average: 2.67, 2.34, 1.94