Re: Vista to be Released January 2007 (At the Earliest)

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 12:42 \__

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:32:45 +0000, Gordon wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:27:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> addendum: it all makes perfect sense. Microsoft said that Windows XP
>>> Service Pack III will be released in 2007.
>>>
>>> http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/vista-upgrade/
>>>
>>> Couldn't be more true if you ask me, despite the sarcasm.
>>
>> So Vista really WILL be XP SP3 then.......
>
> The way they've chopped stuff out of the *original* specification of
> Fista, & I'll bet they haven't finished yet, it probably will be.

I read the following when it was first published, so thought it was worth
revisiting:

,----[ Longhorn's Missing Snap Factor - Quote ]

| All we hear about Longhorn, though, seems to be about the removal of
| one promised feature after another. I had lunch recently with a former
| Microsoft product manager who was bemoaning the fact that the "three
| pillars of Longhorn," which he said were the basis for its development,
| had all been removed. These were the fancy file structure, the new
| presentation manager, and a communications system?things that were
| going to make the OS a platform for what were described as
| Service-Oriented Applications (SOA).
`----

Parts of this article are tattooed to my mind.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
 12:50pm  up 14 days  5:27,  8 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.97, 1.21