Re: about msn

  • Subject: Re: about msn
  • From: ontheroad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sycho)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:37:55 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.hacker
Today Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> opened a dead sea
scroll and found these words written therein..

>__/ [ Sycho ] on Tuesday 21 March 2006 16:01 \__
>
>> Today "vision" <eng.aqlawey@xxxxxxxxx> opened a dead sea scroll and
>> found these words written therein..
>>
>>>how can i get the ip address of some one who is in my contact list?????
>>
>> When they are online, drop to a DOS prompt and type 'netstat -n' (no
>> quotes). What you'll be looking at is this:
>>
>> C:\>netstat -n
>>
>> Active Connections
>>
>>   Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
>>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^
>>
>> The IP will also include a port number. Ex: 127.0.0.1:80  Established
>
>Are you counting on the other person having Windows 95? I can recall the

No, Windows period. I'm guessing netstat is still a functional command
under XP.

>sweet days of ICQ when we used IP front-ends to convert ICQ handle to IP
>address and then 'Nuke' our friends, giving them the BSoD.
>
>Ahh... the memories.

Yup. Programs like UIN 2 IP for example. I haven't used ICQ in ages,
but I would venture to guess that programs like UIN 2 IP no longer
work.
--
If a cow laughs hard does milk squirt out its nose?