Re: Mozilla Lightning Screenshots

__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 21:07 \__

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:01:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Calendaring from Mozilla. Not third parties and no Sunbird. Outlook
>> becomes even more obsolete (setting aside Evolution and KOrganiser).
>>
>> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=599&slide=23
>
> If you seriously think a strictly client side calendar competes with
> outlook/exchange,  you're sadly mistaken and completely unaware of what it
> is that makes Outlook and Exchange so popular.

I know what makes them *un*popular: my supervisor's secretary attempting to
send me contacts via an Exchange server. The combination is a joke, which
spits at standardised protocols and makes an attempt at yet another
lockin^TM. Eventually, the secretary is forced to copy and paste
field-by-field onto word and then send me an RTF file, saved in word as an
E-mail attachment. Now, if only she had used VCF... same goes for exchanges
of appointment data.

Thanks for the chuckle, dude.

Best wishes,

Roy

http://www.schestowitz.com/Address/roy.vcf

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E