Re: SEO Mistakes: Hosted doorway pages

news:dvv4uu$12a1$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> <snip>
>>
>> We had a little dialogue about it, that's why I posted the message here.
>> It's a good thing that Google techies are paying attention to the little
>> guys. I think the more people that start to step-up to the plate to keep
>> the reality of the spam situation on their mind, the better the SERPs
>> will
>> be and the fairer the SEO game will be played.
>
> Hey, Fred, what's the difference between Matt Cutts and God?
> ***
> God doesn't pretend to be Matt Cutts.

That's great man! I am a bit of a spiritual person and I wonder sometimes
who really has more power ( just kidding Lord ).

I have a lot of respect for Matt though, as he seems to be the only guy I
have found who cares to share with us the ins and outs of daily happenings
at Google. I think that he lays it on line for us sometimes and that must
take a degree of courage. I have read quite a bit about him lately and he
seems to be a "real" person who cares deeply about Google and is passionate
about the integrity of the Google SERPs.

I read his blog everyday, it's one of the first things I do in the morning
now. I am not shy to comment once in a while and I am certainly pleased that
he addressed me specifically on this issue. But the bottom line for me today
is that the SERPs are excessively cluttered with useless content. The
average Joe surfer gets fed sites that don't merit being at the top and has
no idea how the results are determined. He clicks through and falls for the
sales pitch, thinking that it must be the best site for his search. Why
can't the best sites for a keyphrase search appear at the top of the SERPs
and not the most artificially inflated ones. If a web site is good and
satisfies a search criteria perfectly then it should be made available. MSN
and Yahoo seem to do this fairly well, not perfectly as they can also be
manipulated but certainly not as flagrantly abused as Google is.

I'm just a little Canadian guy with a couple of hard working clients whose
web sites are competing in the global market against these out-of-control
monsters that offer the visitor little unique content. I never reported spam
before but now when I have a keyphrase competitors who is taking one of my
web sites place and I analyze it and find that they have manipulated the
search engines, the spam reports fly off my fingers. It is my sincere hope
that others do the same.

--
In best regards, Fred

www.canadian-web-site-promotion.blogspot.com
( this is a good place to flame me too )
www.rezultz-web-site-promotion.com
( ethical SEO issues, basic techniques and SEO resources )