Re: Back to palm, what's the best software these days?

  • Subject: Re: Back to palm, what's the best software these days?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:33:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [ Guy Bannis ] on Friday 24 March 2006 05:37 \__

> In article <1143175225.775834.127750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  casioculture@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> After a couple of years in PocketPC land, with much frustration, I'm
>> back to palm. I deliberately chose an OS4 palm, not one of those OS5
>> pocketpc-wannabe new devices.
>
> <shrug>

You chose programatism and battery life over 'eye candy'? Good for you.
*smile* I'm on the same boat.

>> I forgot what good software there is... I remember plucker, weasel
>> reader, datebk, diddlebug... what else? recommend some please (don't
>> tell me to go to palmgear).
>
> What do you want the software to do?

If you have audio support, get a decent MP3-playing program and buy yourself
an SD card to 'store the goods'. That aside, all I have been using for the
past 3.5 years (having messed about with flashy purposeless applications) is
the built-in PIM. In practice, there's not much more to life. Heavy work is
better off done on a full-sized workstation.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
 10:30am  up 16 days  3:07,  8 users,  load average: 1.29, 0.72, 0.76