Re: Previews in My Pictures folder and sub-folders

  • Subject: Re: Previews in My Pictures folder and sub-folders
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:52:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.windows.xp
__/ [ Plato ] on Sunday 26 March 2006 10:22 \__

> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to set up Windows XP Pro to show previews of Photoshop .psd
> files?   Obviously I can get previews of .jpegs OK but it would be useful
> if it was
> possible to edit the Registry (or whatever!) to get previews of .psd files
> as well.
>
> Has anyone any ideas please?
>
> Plato

PSD files are interpreted by libraries which are probably (pre-)loaded by
Photoshop throughout the program startup and then retained in memory. At
Windows-level (file browsing), I believe you will not be able to achieve
this, unless Adobe provide some sort of an extension to lie in the operating
system. I am not entirely sure though.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com
 10:50am  up 19 days  0:35,  8 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.48, 0.58