Re: Change Site to XHTML

  • Subject: Re: Change Site to XHTML
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:03:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ sorry.no.email@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 27 March 2006 14:30 \__

> Hi,
>
>  I am converting my father's family history over to XHTML from a very
> daggy frames look. I am not a professional designer and this is my
> first shot at XHTML (aided by Dreamweaver 8).
>
>  Can someone please look at the first page and see if I am on the
> right track? Only bare bones there as yet but once the page is set it
> will be a template for another 50.
> http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/test.html
>
>  I started from a an older template provided by Macromedia:
> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/tableless_layout.html
> I love the #content element with right side %.
>
>        Thanks for any advice,
>
>                 Andrew

Source code (XHTML) looks clean.

Stylesheet contains no apparent problems:

        http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/test.css

At the moment, the XHTML validator (from the W3) refuses to attempt a go at
the page. No idea why. It works for other sites.

All in all, you seem to be on the right track.

Best wishes and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:00pm  up 19 days  3:45,  8 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.56, 0.72