Re: do you recommend Yahoo hosting?

  • Subject: Re: do you recommend Yahoo hosting?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:48:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ saz ] on Tuesday 28 March 2006 14:48 \__

> In article <4429079f$0$1160$ba620e4c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, matsy <matsy03
> _had_yahuu_blob_kome> says...
>> I want to put a website online, with a few email-adresses. I was
>> thinking of using Yahoo, since it's a well-known host, and not that
>> expensive ($ 11,95/month). Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
>>
> Speaking from experience (I've moved several clients away from Yahoo):
>
> Do not use Yahoo.  In addition to being very restrictive, they do not
> really give you much for your money - for $11.95/month, you can do much
> better.
>
> One last thing - if you're not happy, they make it next to impossible to
> leave.

I will sort of retract my previous message on this topic. I am now reminded
that when Yahoo 'hijacked' Geocities. This included my site that I built as
a young boy. Every since, I have not been able to modify it (no access), but
it's definitely alive (with Yahoo ads even). I feel like they robbed my
content and seized control.

I also see that others concur with me on the issue of them being too
restrictive.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  4:45pm  up 20 days  6:30,  8 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.26, 0.30