Re: Big Manufacturer Goes Linux

begin  risky.vbs
	<e0d50o$g0r$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Manufacturer moves to Linux for stability
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Automotive electronics manufacturer and a supplier to big names like
>| General Motors Holden, Australian Arrow has migrated half its servers
>| to Linux in two years to gain greater stability.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;635675164;fp;2;fpid;1

    "There is a cost saving with Linux, but that's a bonus because, if
    [systems] go down it's millions lost every day," Wheatley told
    Computerworld. "Talk about saving money is a bit pie-in-the-sky,
    but Linux is definitely [saving] us from buying more
    software. Next year we will be able to remove or reuse some
    licences."

    Arrow went from all Windows servers in two years and will increase
    Linux server use to 75 percent over the next 18 months.

    "Stability is the number-one concern and our operations span the
    region, so there is always someone using the systems," Wheatley
    said. "We've had 100 percent uptime with Linux and management
    notices the difference."