Re: [News] Google Earns Money from Typos

  • Subject: Re: [News] Google Earns Money from Typos
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 06:13:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul B ] on Monday 01 May 2006 03:52 \__

> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:21:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I thought this was rather intersting. Sorry to have filled this group with
>>occasional press releases. You can killfile everything which begins with
>>"[News]".
>>
>>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002962245_google30.html
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| Google, which runs the largest ad network on the Internet, is making
>>| millions of dollars a year by filling otherwise unused Web sites with
>>| ads. In many instances, these ad-filled pages appear when users mistype
>>| an Internet address, such as "BistBuy.com."
>>`----
>
> I could understand brstbuy or even bestbiy or bestbut ........ bit
> hard to mistype bestbuy as bistbuy though.

Maybe they are using the Dvorak keyboard layout. I have always wanted to
study it, but compatibility is limiting. Windows Mobile, for example,
supports nothing but QWERTY.

Another possibility: a Freudian slip. The surfer could be a heavy metal fan.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:10am  up 3 days 13:07,  13 users,  load average: 1.39, 0.97, 0.80