Re: Having Trouble with Protools and Linux.

  • Subject: Re: Having Trouble with Protools and Linux.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 05:00:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mathew P. ] on Monday 01 May 2006 02:39 \__

> On 2006-04-30, win.girl@xxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
>> Hello group!
>> I just upgraded my PC to Suse Linux, from Windows XP Professional and I
>> am having some problems installing my Protools software.
>> In fact I am having troubles installing Microsoft Office, Waves Native
>> Power Pack and also Garritan Jazz band along with iZotope and my cheese
>> standby the BBE Sonic Maximizer (don't  Laugh!!).
>> I am new to Linux but from what I have read it replaces Windows, and it
>> kind of looks like Windows but I can't seem to get any of my Windows
>> programs to install.
>> Even Nuendo won't work even though I have the USB key in the machine.
>> Any help will be much appreciated since I have had to cancel 2 sessions
>> today because my DAW is in the tank.
>
> <sock puppet plonk>

The subject line gave it away. You don't even need to read the bit about
sound latency to realise it's fl@tfish.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:55am  up 3 days 11:52,  13 users,  load average: 0.97, 0.52, 0.20