Re: Women in Open Source

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 01 May 2006 21:57 \__

> We need more women Linux advocates.  Most of the "women" here are
> wintrolls, lately from yahoo.com.

No, that's just flatfish nymshifting. Sometimes, especially when threads are
crossposted, women from the Windows newsgroup voice their opinons as well.

Also see:

http://www.boston.com/news/education/higher/articles/2005/12/18/in_computer_science_a_growing_gender_gap/?page=1

It's not just Open Source. There is a general computer science apathy among
women. A 'hackers'-type community is even less welcoming.

,----[ Quote ]
| ...they are more likely to be dissuaded from pursuing computer science
| if they are exposed to an unpleasant environment, bad teaching, and
| negative stereotypes like the image of the male hacker.
`----

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
  8:05am  up 4 days 15:02,  11 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.38, 0.53