Re: [News] Pro-OpenOffice Campaign Begins, Combats FUD

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 03 May 2006 17:14:30 +0100
<4942431.P8FRoJr5dV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The "Why OpenOffice" campaign (that which I mentioned before) has just been
> launched.
>
> http://why.openoffice.org/
>
> Get Legal - Get OpenOffice.org
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Is your office software legal? According to figures published by
> | Microsoft, 35% of the software in the world is thought to be counterfeit
> | or otherwise illegal.
> `----

Although piracy is a concern I question the wisdom of this ad campaign.
:-)

I for one would think that OpenOffice would also want to compete on the
basis of merit, open standards, and compatibility with said standards.

We shall see.  Personally, I kinda like OpenOffice but haven't had to
use it all that much, though ooimpress2 is fun to play with.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.