Re: Visor FM Microphone Module

__/ [ Bill Marcum ] on Friday 05 May 2006 10:49 \__

> On Fri, 5 May 2006 02:47:09 -0700, Byron Collins
>   <bcollins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Here's another cool idea I thought of:
>>
>> You know those toy FM radio microphones that can
>> broadcast at a short distance away from a radio or stereo system
>> FM radio band.
>>
>> I wonder can someone "market" a Visor springboard module that
>> can make use of the build-in microphone in the Visors to broadcast
>> locally on a FM radio channel / band?
>>
> You can buy an FM transmitter that plugs into a headphone jack.

*sigh*  Boy,  this  brings  back  memories. *smirk* My  dad  had  this  FM
radio-based  headphones set. After he had broken it I took the transmitter
and attached it to my stereo, using the headphone jack. In principle, this
could  be  connected  to /any/ device with a headphone  jack  for  output.
Anyhoo...  that  transmitter fed an RCA tuner that I already had. I  could
run  it  on  batteries while I was in the garden,  wittout  draining  much
battery life. So essentially I could tune in, using a radio, to any device
in  the  house, rather than rely on commercials-infested air channels,  as
well as music I never favoured.

This  goes  quite  a few years back (last decade), so at  the  time,  this
seemed like a cunning idea to a mid-teen such as myself. *smile*

http://search.ebay.com/radio-transmitter_W0QQcatrefZC3QQfclZ4QQfromZR2QQpqryZradioQ20trasmitter

http://search.ebay.co.uk/radio-transmitter_W0QQcatrefZC3QQfclZ4QQfromZR2QQpqryZradioQ20trasmitter

They have become a lot smaller and they look much hipper than what I had...

With kind regards,