Re: Beeb: Internet Censorship Gone International

On Thu, 04 May 2006 18:11:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Net censorship spreads worldwide
>
>Repressive regimes are using technology to stifle online debate among
>citizens on every continent, reveals a report.
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4973114.stm

That's nothing.

Yesterday in the UK we had local elections. A far right party made
significant gains. On a national TV chat show this morning viewers
were invited to phone in to explain why they didn't vote for the party
of the government. UNLESS they voted for the far right party, quote
"we don't want to hear from you"

Stifling debate? I think so. Free speech means allowing people of
*all* opinions to voice them, whether left, right, center or even
parcel mouth.

Matt

--
Veritas Vincti